Implementation & Analysis Papers
For some very good and very boring reasons I have been digging into AES-GCM (Galois/Counter Mode) implementation. I found a number of interesting papers analyzing GCM and describing a variety of interesting aspects of secure, fast implementation.
- GCM, GHASH and Weak Keys, Saarinen, 2011
- Cache-collision Timing Attacks Against AES-GCM, Huang, 2010
- Faster and Timing-Attack Resistant AES-GCM, Käsper & Schwabe, 2009
- Software Optimizations for Cryptographic Primitives on General Purpose x86_64 platforms, Gueron, 2012
- Optimized Galois-Counter-Mode Implementation on Intel® Architecture Processors, Gopal, et al, 2010
- Fast Cryptographic Computation on IA Processors Via Function Stitching, Gopal, et al, 2010